06 November 2006

New Books and A New Blog Soon

I bought a few new books yesterday. They are:

A Jonathan Edwards Reader
Becoming Conversant With The Emergent Church
- Don Carson
Hymns of Truth and Praise (Also known as "The Black Book")
Evangelical Feminism - Wayne Grudem
Plain ESV Cross Reference Black Letter Bible - God

It was fun to buy books again. The Grudem book is making a stir so I figured I ought to get it and review it. As I read books, probably more during the summer, I will review them on here for your delight and for my memory. The more I read it seems the more I forget so I really need to keep a place for all of this stuff. I hope they are useful for you also.

I will have a new blog after today I am sure becuase I meet with Dave Glock to discuss the book we are reading Four Views on the Atonement ed. Eddy Beilby. Right now we are on the Christus Victor (Christ Our Victor) or Ransom view contributed by Greg Boyd. Its ok I guess, there are definitely some ransom verses in the Bible though I would be inclined to say that we are certainly not captive to Satan as God more or less has a leash on Satan when you read Job. It is good to note that it IS Greg Boyd our friendly neighborhood Open Theist that is writing this one so he levels down in my mind. It would be one thing if he were say, an Arminian and went with this one, I would at least feel like we are at least talking about something similar when I talk to Arminians.

Secondly I will be attending the local ELF (Evangelical L? Foundation) here in Dubuque and there is a speaker coming from Southern Seminary to talk about Substitution. I am sure this will evoke thought and a further blog. If you bother with this blog come back wednesday or thursday and I should have fresh thinking on here.

Sozetha!

No comments: